- When I say ‘I’, or ‘Graphicz’ it’s because that’s who I am and I own and run the website and the company.
The type of personal information I collect
- I collect certain personal information about visitors to my website and customers.
- The most common types of information I collect are your name and email address when you make an enquiry through the website. Google analytics data is collected through the website. I also collect personal information from customers with whom I have a working relationship. This information will include name, address, email address(es) and telephone numbers.
How I collect personal information
- I collect personal information directly when you provide it to me either by making an enquiry through the website or by telephoning me to enquire about my services.
- I collect your personal information when you provide it to me when you complete a newsletter signup form.
Personal information I collect about you from others
- I do not in general collect information about you from any other party.
- I do receive information about you if a colleague or business associate refers you to me. This will in general be your name and email address and telephone number.
How I use personal information
- I will use your personal information:
- To respond to your enquiry and to fulfil a contract or agreement between us.
- Where this is necessary for purposes which are in m, or third parties, legitimate interests. These interests include:
- operating the website and the business;
- providing you with services described on the website;
- responding to support requests, and helping facilitate the resolution of any disputes;
- updating you with operational news and information about my website, hosting and services e.g. to notify you about changes to software or hosting, server disruptions or security updates;
- carrying out technical analysis to determine how to improve the website, hosting and services I provide;
- managing my relationship with you, e.g. by responding to your comments or queries submitted to me by phone or by the website or asking for your feedback or whether you want to participate in a survey;
- managing my legal and operational affairs (including, managing risks relating to content and fraud matters);
- improving my products and services.
- providing general administrative and performance functions and activities
- Where you give me consent:
- providing you with marketing information about products and services which I feel may interest you; and
- For purposes which are required by law.
- For the purpose of responding to requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
When I disclose your personal information
- I will disclose personal information to the following recipients:
- authors of any items or services made available to you, so they can facilitate support and license validation;
- my professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers etc;
- regulators and government authorities in connection with my compliance procedures and obligations;
- a purchaser or prospective purchaser of all or part of my assets or my business, and their professional advisers, in connection with the purchase;
- a third party to respond to requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity;
- a third party, in order to enforce or defend my rights, or to address financial or reputational risks;
- a rights holder in relation to an allegation of intellectual property infringement or any other infringement; and
- other recipients where I are authorised or required by law to do so.
Where I transfer and/or store your personal information
- I am based in the United Kingdom so your data will be processed in the UK. I will not be sharing your data with anyone or any organisation outside the UK.
How I keep your personal information secure
- I store personal information on encrypted hard drives are managed by me and occasionally hard copy files that are kept in a secure location in the UK. Personal information that I store or transmit is protected by security and access controls, including username and password authentication, two-factor authentication, and data encryption where appropriate.
How you can access your personal information
- You can access the personal information that I collect about you by contacting me directly. You can also instruct me to delete the information I hold about. To make an access or correction request please email or telephone me using the contact details at the end of this policy.
Marketing Choices regarding your personal information
- Where I have your consent to do so (e.g. if you have subscribed to one of my e-mail lists or have indicated that you are interested in receiving offers or information from me), I send you marketing communications by email about products and services that I feel may be of interest to you. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future by using the “unsubscribe” facility provided in the communication itself.
- You also have choices about cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies some parts of our Sites may not work properly in your case.
Cookies and Google analytics
- When you visit my websites, there’s certain information that’s recorded which is generally anonymous information and does not reveal your identity.
Information about children
- My website is not aimed at children under the age of 18 years and I offer no services to children under the age of 18 years, so if you are under 18 I ask that you do not use my websites or give me your personal information (if you are interested in websites and hosting, please ask your nearest responsible adult to use the website for you!) It’s the responsibility of parents or guardians to monitor their children’s use of my website.
Information you make public or give to others
How long I keep your personal information
When I need to update this policy
- I will need to change this policy from time to time in order to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our privacy management practices.
- When I do change the policy, I’ll make sure to notify you about such changes, where required. A copy of the latest version of this policy will always be available on this page.
How you can contact me
- If you have any questions about my privacy practices or the way in which I have been managing your personal information, please contact me, Jonathan Chappell, at Graphicz Ltd firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07836 551000 or 01323 872296.
If you’re a user or visitor in the European Economic Area these rights also apply to you:
- For the purposes of applicable EU data protection law (including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), I am the ‘data controller’ of your personal information.
How you can access your personal information
- You are also entitled to ask me to port your personal information (i.e. to transfer in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, to you), to erase it, or restrict its processing. You also have rights to object to some processing that is based on our legitimate interests, such as profiling that I perform for the purposes of direct marketing, and, where I have asked for your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent as more fully described below.
- These rights are limited in some situations – for example, I can demonstrate that I have a legal requirement to process your personal information. In some instances, this means that I may retain some data even if you withdraw your consent.
- Where I require your personal information to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then provision of such data is mandatory: if such data is not provided, then I will not be able to manage our contractual relationship with you, or to meet obligations placed on me. In all other cases, provision of requested personal information is optional.
- If you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to data protection authorities. The relevant data protection authority will be the data protection authority of the country: (i) of your habitual residence; (ii) of your place of work; or (iii) in which you consider the alleged infringement has occurred.
Cookies, Google analytics and similar technologies
Just to be clear, my website is www.graphicz.co.uk.
What are cookies, analytics, and similar technologies?
Typically, there are two types of tracking technologies I might use on our sites:
- Cookies: these aren’t the type you eat they’re actually a small data file sent from a server to your web browser or mobile device that is stored on your browser cache or mobile device. There are ways you can control your cookies preferences and set whether you want to accept or reject cookies (see what your options are below).
- Clear gifs, web beacons, web bugs: These are tiny graphics with a unique identifier similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the movements of web users between pages and websites. Unlike cookies, which are cached on a user’s computer, clear gifs, web beacons and web bugs are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of a single pixel.
- Web analytics is the measurement, collection, analysis and reporting of web data for purposes of understanding and optimizing web usage. However, Web analytics is not just a process for measuring web traffic but can be used as a tool for business and market research, and to assess and improve the effectiveness of a website. Web analytics applications can also help companies measure the results of traditional print or broadcast advertising campaigns. It helps one to estimate how traffic to a website changes after the launch of a new advertising campaign. Web analytics provides information about the number of visitors to a website and the number of page views. It helps gauge traffic and popularity trends which is useful for market research.
What do I do with these technologies?
I use these tracking technologies for a few general purposes like:
- To allow our sites to function correctly.
- To understand how our sites are functioning and to inform any improvements in performance and our services.
- To enhance your experience on our sites and provide functionality that means for example you don’t have to re-enter your details each time you engage with our sites or to record what purchases you’ve made on our sites.
- To gather relevant data that helps us deliver marketing and advertising content relevant to your interests.
Your options when it comes cookies, web beacons and similar technologies
You can change your web browser’s settings to reflect your cookie preferences. Use these links to find out more information about cookie settings for these common browsers:
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Block-enable-or-allow-cookies
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
Also, you can opt out of third party advertising cookies at any time by visiting this page: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
Just keep in mind that if you disable cookies, web beacons and similar technologies there might be some functionality that will not work or not operate correctly on our sites.
If you have any questions about my privacy practices, please contact Graphicz Ltd at email@example.com or call 07836 551000 or 01323 872296
Registered in England. Company number 7226835
Registered office address: Dalton House, Office 9, 60 Windsor Avenue, Wimbledon, London, SW19 2RR, England