Preparing for Brexit
If you are selling online into the EU then you may need to supply additional items of information with all shipments from 1st January 2020:
- A Trade Tariff Code for each product – also known as a Commodity Code or Harmonized System (HS) Code.
- The Country of Origin of each product. For rules to establish the Country of Origin see: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/rules-of-origin
- An EORI number for your business. For more information see: https://www.revenue.ie/en/customs-tr…ri-system.aspx If you do not have an EORI number you can apply for one here https://www.gov.uk/eori
Depending on how you generate invoices and shipping documents etc, you may or may not need this information to be held in Sellerdeck Desktop.
If you do need to store this information in Sellerdeck Desktop, this article explains how to add the required variables.
Please follow the instructions for the Sellerdeck Desktop version(s) that you are currently using:
Sellerdeck Desktop v16 & v18
Once you have followed the relevant instructions, you will find the new settings added to your desktop software. The settings will be in the same location regardless of which version you have.
Brexit Update Downloads
Download and install the latest version from the appropriate link:
Please read the knowledge Base article:
For more information on the changes for Brexit, please read this Practical Advice on Brexit Preparations article.
Sellerdeck Desktop 2014 (v14) and earlier – I can do this for you!
If you have an older version of Sellerdeck Desktop and you do not want to upgrade, then you will need to add the three new variables by hand, and the new reports will not be available. If you would like me, Jonathan, to help you with this please email email@example.com or call me on 01323 872296
First, select ‘Library’ from the ‘Design’ menu and click the ‘Variables’ tab.
Then work through the following instructions.
Trade Tariff Code
- In the ‘Variables’ tab, scroll down and right-click ‘Product’ and select New Variable
- Give the variable the name ‘TradeTariffCode’ [IMPORTANT]
- Add a Description ‘Enter the Harmonised System (HS) Trade Tariff code’
- Add a Prompt ‘Trade Tariff Code’
- For the ‘Place of Setting’ tick ‘Site’, ‘Section’ and ‘Product’
- Tick ‘Allow <Use Parent> as an Option’
- Set the Panel Name to ‘Details’ [IMPORTANT]
- Set the ‘Type’ to ‘Number’
- Tick ‘Allow Empty Value’ and ‘Whole Numbers Only’
- Set ‘Initial Value’ to “Use Parent ()”
- Click ‘OK’
Country of Origin
12. Right-click again on ‘Product’ and select New Variable
13. Give the variable the name ‘CountryOfOrigin’ [IMPORTANT]
14. Add a Description ‘Enter the country of origin’
15. Add a Prompt ‘Country Of Origin’
16. For the ‘Place of Setting’ tick ‘Site’, ‘Section’ and ‘Product’
17. Set the ‘Type’ to ‘List of Choices’ [IMPORTANT]
18. Tick ‘Allow <Use Parent> as an Option’
19. Tick ‘Allow <New> as an Option’ [IMPORTANT]
20. Set the Panel Name to ‘Details’ [IMPORTANT]
21. Set ‘Initial Value’ to “Use Parent ()”
22. Set ‘Top-Level Value’ to ‘United Kingdom’
23. Click ‘OK’
24. Scroll down and right-click ‘Site’ and select New Variable
25. Give the variable the name ‘EORINumber’ [IMPORTANT]
26. Add a Description ‘Enter the EORI number for your business’
27. Add a Prompt ‘EORI Number’
28. For the ‘Place of Setting’ tick ‘Site’ ONLY
29. Tick ‘Allow <Use Parent> as an Option’
30. Set the Panel Name to ‘Details’ [IMPORTANT]
31. Set the ‘Type’ to ‘Text’ [IMPORTANT]
32. Tick ‘Allow Empty Value’
33. Set ‘Initial Value’ to “Use Parent ()”
34. Click ‘OK’
I can help you with this!
If you would like me to help you with this please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call me, Jonathan, on 01323 872296